Thursday, October 1, 2015

Diet choices

I posted this to Instagram a week ago, but wanted to give more details. No need turning Instagram into a blog post.

I get asked often how I eat or what supplements I take. I'll start with the don'ts. I don't take protein or other supplements. I don't eat paleo. I don't count calories or track macro or micro nutrients. I don't drink pop. I don't look at certain types of food or food groups as off limits. I don't eat out very often.

And the do's. I do drink plenty of water, close to a gallon a day. I do sleep 8-9 hours a night. I do eat lots of vegetables. I do cook. I do train around two hours a day. I do drink alcohol. I do make sure there are quick snack choices always available.

When prepping to compete I eliminate the alcohol and limit my carbs to just vegetables. I have more specific details for the day before and day of a competition. I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment